Newark Waterways, Wharfs & Bridges

Old Newark


Last additions - Newark Bay
newarkbayoverview04.jpg
218 viewsMar 15, 2016
newarkbayoverview03.jpg
217 viewsMar 15, 2016
newarkbayoverview02.jpg
208 viewsMar 15, 2016
newarkbayoverview01.gif
210 viewsMar 15, 2016
lighthousenewarkbay01.jpg
Passaic Lighthouse802 viewsBuilt in 1849. Rebuilt in 1859. William Bonnell was appointed keeper on June 8, 1870 with his wife, Anna serving as Assistant Keeper. When Dennis MacCashin was took over as Keeper, his wife Eliza also served as the Assistant Keeper. When Dennis died in 1903, Eliza took over as Keeper, a post she remained at until the lighthouse was abandoned in 1914. The lighthouse was believed to have been torn down in the 1930's. It stood in Newark Bay at 40° 41' 44" latitude by 74° 07' 40" longitude.
Photo from Rich Olohan
Mar 01, 2007
5 files on 1 page(s)